1. All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist. No imported or buy/sell goods will be eligible to be exhibited. Stuffed animals or dolls must be handmade, not decorated, commercially made products. Work made from kits of any kind is unacceptable. Your work may incorporate such commercially produced parts such as jewelry findings, or plastic flowers.
2. Exhibitors will display on Sutton Ave., and food vendors in the public parking lot at the east end of Sutton Ave. Fees for exhibit space are for the one day. (see application)
3. All new and returning artist/craftspeople must be juried each year. Photos, jpg. files emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or jpg. images burned to a CD are acceptable. Place number on photos, corresponding to the description on the application. Photos/jpg images should be of high quality and an accurate representation of work to be exhibited, plus a view of your booth. Include average price of product. Photos/CDs will be returned to you with confirmation or rejection notice in the self-addressed, stamped envelope you submit with your application. There is a $25.00 nonrefundable jury fee to be mailed with your application and booth fee. The jury will view photos by category. All applications with photos or CDs must include S.A.S.E with sufficient postage.
4. A package complete with set up information and identification car tag for vendor parking will be given to each vendor upon check-in Saturday morning.
Registration and Set-up
5. Set-up time permitted from 6:00am to 9:30am Saturday. Please register at the information booth located at the east end of Sutton Ave. upon arrival if you have not seen us on the way in. Once you have unloaded your vehicle, please move it to the designated parking lot. DO NOT set up your tent or displays with your vehicle parked in the festival area. NO vehicles will be allowed in the exhibit area during show hours.
6. Exhibitors must provide own display equipment (including tools and extension cords), set-up and dismantle. Each vendor needs a 10'x10' tent, with straight legs, and a minimum of four corner weights at least 40lbs/each, which have to tie to the tent as we can not allow stakes in the ground. ALL vendors are responsible for the removal of their own garbage, including cigarette butts. Receptacles will be located throughout the festival. Please keep our town litter free. Please be prepared for outdoor sites. Not all grounds are perfectly level. We do the best we can to cover grates and avoid steep inclines/declines.
7. Arts/craft spaces measure 10'x10'. Infringement will not be tolerated on neighboring spaces. Sidewalks must be clear for business owners and their customers to use. Please keep all your packing material and extra merchandise in your tent or your vehicle. There are a limited number of 10'x20' spaces available. *Booth space placement will be made by sponsors based on overall need of the show, variety in display, etc. Written requests for booth position assignments will be considered. However, decisions of sponsor on booth assignment are final. Efforts will be made to assure equal crowd flow through all areas of the show.
8. $25 nonrefundable Jury Fee is due at the time of application. Once accepted, each vendor has ten days to pay in full, or the spot will be forfeit. A $50.00 fee will be charged for all returned checks. You may pay by check in the mail, or on our website using PayPal. Go to www.olddepot.org 'Arts & Craft Show' page and click on the link to pay with PayPal.
9. Each vendor is responsible for collecting/reporting their own sales tax.
10. No refunds after acceptance to the show.
The Old Depot is a non-profit organization whose primary mission is to protect and maintain Black Mountain's historic Train Depot and to discover, nurture and preserve the arts and crafts of the Swannanoa Valley. Local crafters display and sell their work in the Gallery. Using the profits from the Gallery sales, the Black Mountain Arts and Crafts Show and other fundraisers, the Old Depot Association sponsors art, music, dance, and drama classes in the public schools of the Valley.